When you are looking for a LASIK surgeon it is good to find out about them and how much experience they have with the procedure. The following is a list of good questions to ask your potential LASIK surgeon:
- How long have you been performing LASIK Vision Correction?
- How many LASIK procedures have you performed?
- How many LASIK procedures have you performed with this equipment?
- Do you have at least ten references that received the same surgery as me with a similar refractive error that I may contact prior to my LASIK procedure?
- How many other refractive surgery procedures have you performed?
- What kind of follow-up can I expect after the procedure?
- What are potential risks associated with this procedure?
- What will you do if one of those risks occurs?
- What are your credentials?
- Does your laser system have an FDA approved tracking device?
- Does your laser system provide custom corrections?
A quality LASIK surgeon will be able to answer all of these questions, and they should make you feel confident in their ability to complete the procedure without complications. You should never feel uncomfortable about asking a LASIK surgeon questions about the procedure and their experience.
LASIK surgeon, Dr. Sambursky will work with you and answer all of your questions prior to your procedure. Dr. Sambursky will not pressure you into deciding on the procedure, and he will make sure you are totally comfortable before committing to a LASIK Vision Correction procedure. Contact LASIK Surgeon Dr. Sambursky at his New York eye clinic today to schedule your initial LASIK consultation.